The store will be open Nov.-Dec. from 11:00 AM until 4:00 PM Saturday and Sunday. We are conveniently located
1.5 miles from Interstate I-39-90, 4 miles south of Madison.
2722 Williams Dr. [MAP]
Stoughton, WI 53589
September and October
11:00 AM - 5:00 PM, daily, closed Wednesdays.
After Daylight Savings
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday, Sunday only
- Keep the crunch in your apples: Crisp, crunchy apples are what we grow and you can keep them crisp at home. Handle apples gently to prevent bruising. Refrigerate apples in the crisper section of your fridge. If possible, dedicate the entire section just to apples. Store apples out of the plastic bag or poke holes in the bag for ventilation. Apples give off ethylene gas that continues the ripening and softening of the fruit. You want to allow this gas to escape.
- Fresh,unpasteurized cider is produced every Thursday during apple season. A blend of 8 to 14 varieties of apples yields an excellent fresh juice with flavor that changes through the season as varieties ripen.
- We use only tree-picked apples that have been washed and refrigerated. Our cider will usually keep two weeks in the fridge. You can freeze cider to be used later in another Wisconsin season ... Winter!
- Varieties available in our pick-your-own section of the orchard: McIntosh, Cortland, Empire, Jonathan, Macoun, Rome, Gala, Golden Supreme, Melrose. Pick-your-own is temporarily closed for the 2012 season.
- Directions: We are located 1.5 miles from the intersection of Interstate 90 and Highway N in Dane County. From Madison, take I-90 4 miles south to Hy. N, then south on Hy. N , west on Koshkonong Rd., north on Williams Drive. Follow our directional signs.
- Orchard Tours: We give educational orchard tours for elementary school students and other groups. Call us to obtain information or to make a reservation.
- Questions: You can always call us at the orchard, 608-873-4096. Dick and Vivian Green, owners.